Video on FOX News: Earth, Sky & Water: Climate change impacts in the Great Lakes region
In September, the UMD Office of the Institute on the Environment (IonE@UMD) and the UMD Office of Sustainability teamed for an afternoon field trip to talk about climate change impacts in the Great Lakes region. We visited three sites for discussion and hands-on activities related to the earth (Sustainable Agriculture Project), the sky (Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory), and the water (the Large Lakes Observatory Research Vessel - The Blue Heron).
To receive email notifications of upcoming events by joining our listserv IonE@UMD Undergrads here.
In the meantime, check out these great opportunities that are already established:
- Office of Sustainability
- UMD Land Lab and the Sustainable Agriculture Project (SAP)
- Sustainability Minor in the Labovitz School of Business and Economics
- Major and Minor in Environment and Sustainability through the College of Liberal Arts
- Courses that meet the liberal education sustainability requirement
- Tours of sustainability initiatives on the UMD campus
- Green Building on campus - UMD Bagley Outdoor Classroom