Swap - Don't Shop!
Save money! Save time! Save the planet! Got clothes you don’t want?! Wishing for some new threads?! According to the United Nations Environmental Programme, of the total fiber input used for clothing, 87% is incinerated or disposed of in a landfill! Be a part of the fiber solution revolution - keep those threads in circulation! The UMD Institute on the Environment is hosting a clothing swap on December 4th, from 9 a.m. to 3 pm in the Kirby Student Center. Clean, gently used clothing will be collected from Monday, November 27 through Friday, December 1st, in the Kirby Student Center in the bin marked, “Swap! Don’t shop!” The swap will take place the following Monday, December 4th. All clothing is FREE!
Promoting interdisciplinary sustainability conversations and action on campus and into our community
IonE-Duluth is taking on the challenge of the moment in four important ways.
1. We have embraced to the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as our organizing principal
2. We have created a Sustainability Portal for our campus and community to help students, faculty, and others discover how the SDGs relate to:
- Courses offered on campus
- People who working on sustainability issues
- Current research and projects on campus and into our region
- Community organizations that share our goals
3. We have conducted an undergraduate survey on sustainability knowledge, beliefs, and actions to use as a baseline for monitoring changes in sustainability awareness on campus.
IonE-Duluth is digging deep into the original goals of our hub creating opportunities that are stimulating interdisciplinary interactions across campus and deepening our ties to the community.