IonE hosts Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowships for graduate students whose dissertation work spans disciplinary boundaries. These fellowships are sponsored by the University of Minnesota Graduate School.
IonE supports our IDFs with:
- $2,000 in research funding support
- Access to IonE programs & personnel
- Interaction with UMD faculty in diverse fields
Application materials must include:
- Nominee’s application
- Nominee’s CV
- Nominee’s research proposal (draft okay)
- LOS from faculty mentor in IonE
- Must be a faculty member, a list of our affiliate faculty members may be found here
- LOS from advisor/co-advisor
- Unofficial UMN graduate transcript, with explanation of incompletes
Your email should:
- Have the subject “IDF Application: YourLastName, YourMajor”
- Include a brief explanation of why you chose IonE as your host center
- The deadline in which your graduate program requires your application materials (usually well in advance of the November 13th deadline)
If you are selected, we will return our endorsement letter to you prior to your graduate program’s deadline. You will be responsible for submitting the completed package to your graduate program for final submission.
See the FAQs for further guidance, or you may contact April Snyder with IonE specific questions.